This website and the Real Estate Innovation Contest will be operated by the BUILTWORLD GmbH.
2. Terms of Participation
· Participators are startups (sole proprietorship or partnership).
· Companies must not be older than 5 years and they must demonstrate growth development.
· The participating startups must offer a software or/and a hardware that provides a solution to the Real Estate industry. The company’s product must be placed into one of the following categories: Invest, Market, Plan & Build, Work, Manage & Operate, or Smart Cities.
· Over 50% of the participating startups must be privately owned, in other words, belong to an individual person or the founders (100% for sole proprietorship).
· The startup’s turnover from the previous business year must be lower than 10 million euros.
· The company’s current valuation must be lower than 30 million euros.
· Winners of the Real Estate Innovation Contest 2017 and 2018 cannot apply for a new award.
Startups have the possbility to apply on the website until March 23rd, 2018. They must register with their e-mail address and a password. Afterwards, the startup will fill in a survey to design their individual startup profile. After the application phase, all of the (completed) submissions will be assessed by a jury. The best 50 startups will be given the opportunity to present their product at the EXPO REAL 2019 in Munich.
The contest’s winners are given the opportunity to present their startup at Europe’s largest real estate trade fair, the EXPO REAL, in Munich from the 8th of October – 10th of October. The top 25 startups will be given their own stand at the Real Estate Innovation Forum Startup Alley and will have a presence on stage through their participation in the “Startup Battlefield”. This will allow the winning startups to present their product and ideas to the public at EXPO REAL.
Through your participation in the contest you are confirming that the data you share with us contains no inappropriate content and does not contravene the rights of third parties. You also confirm that you are eligible to participate in the contest on behalf of the registered startup.
Through your participation in the Real Estate Innovation Contest and the BUILTWORLD Innovation Database, you give the Real Estate Innovation Network permission to use any shared information (including all videos, pictures, or texts you might have provided) on our various channel (Facebook, Twitter, Blog etc.). You also confirm that this information may be shared with the jury for assessment. Certain aspects of your startup may be published in the BUILTWORLD Innovation Database.
7. Deleting your profile
You may request a complete deletion of your profile, including all data you provided, at any time. Should this be the case, your participation in the Real Estate Innovation Startup Contest will automatically end. To request a deletion of your profile, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Legal Entitlement
There is no legal entitlement on the participation in the Startup Contest. The Real Estate Innovation Network reserves the right to exclude certain startups without giving further reasons.
If any provisions of these Terms of Participation prove ineffective or unfeasible or become ineffective or unfeasible, this does not affect the validity of the rest of the contract. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply. The recourse to legal action is excluded. Place of jurisdiction is Munich.